Saturday, February 27, 2010

Diva Darling

Yesterday my friend Marsha and I had a play date. We got together and oohed and ahhed over what the other had bought in the recent weeks, you know addicted people like to stick together! She showed me this darling stamp she'd gotten at Michaels, hmmm same one I looked at but put back, (I may be making a return trip soon.

The following two cards are for the Cute Card Thursday Challenge - Ribbon-Tastic    I used the bleach on this card as well (see explanation on the next card) but it didn't react as well with this paper and looked ugly and washed out so I painted it back in with a blue ink and my water pen.  I added the ribbon in the same way as the other card with the two holes but this time I just pulled it to the front side and added this darling little flower from KC and Company.  The Fabulous stamp is from a clear set from Fiskars.
 
Marsha had seen this technique where you emboss and then use a water pen filled with bleach to bleach out portions that hadn't been embossed. That's why the dress above shows lighter between the embossing.
I attached the bow with a method I'd seen Gina K use, by punching two holes taking the ribbon from the front to the back through the holes, crossing over and coming to the front in the opposite hole, I love this technique. This beautiful Princess rub on is one I've had in my stash from Basic Grey. This is also my entry into the Theme Thursday Challenge - Flourish

This dress also has the bleaching technique used on it.  I've added a couple more rub ons from that same Basic Grey set and the stones are new ones I got from Martha Stewart, the side punch is EK Success.



Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Jennie said...

Great cards Patti. Isn't it fun to try new techniques!

Gloria said...

great job--I did the bleach tech a long time ago...It is kinda fun to see what color they are going to come out....

Danni said...

These are just fabulous!! I always love seeing the same stamp used in different ways!! Awesome job!

Stef H said...

oh i have done the same thing with that stamp on many occasions and i STILL don't own it - lol

these are all absolutely gorgeous. each one so different from the next. girl, you are good!!!

Kay said...

I love this dress stamp. I would pass this up in the store but on your card it looks great and brings to mind many uses.

Anonymous said...

Awesome cards Patti!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wonderful cards.

Hermine said...

They are so elegant