Monday, May 24, 2010

Imagine it

I so love getting my card magazines each month. You just can glean so much inspiration from others. In the May 2010 issue of Card Maker Debby Forshey-Choma created a card like this, thanks Debbie for your great inspiration! I printed the verse out on my computer and printed it on cream cardstock and then distressed it with Spiced Marmalade and Brushed Corduroy Distress Inks by Tim Holtz.  The black mat is a SVG cut from Penny Duncan.
The hat and diploma were stickers I got at JoAnns and I'm sorry I combined packages (bad bad bad) and now don't know which came from where. The diploma was simply stark white so I took some of the distressing ink and gave it that older parchment paper look.
I really like the Kraft cardstock for a base but again didn't like the out of package look so used the inks to distress it as well and used the Tim Holtz distressor tool to curl and rough up the edges. I ended with rounding the corners with my much beloved Corner Chomper to give it that finished look.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: