Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Plain Janes Dressed Up

I kept hearing everyone talking about UTEE and finally ran across it in the store. Well I stuffed it in with my embossing things and still hadn't tried it so this afternoon I thought I'd see what I could make with these plain paper flowers, you know the cheap kind that come in a tube that have no personality!
The flowers have been sitting in my drawer for 2 years, I've used a couple but they just looked Plain-Jane and didn't do a thing for me. Today I took each one and rubbed them with Tea Dye Distress Ink, then a heavy coat of UTEE and heat embossed, wow they looked better already.
Next I layered the three individual petals for each flower with some Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive. In the middle I used one bud from the Recollections flowers at Michaels which I had ran across the tea dye ink pad a couple of times.
After they'd dried I sprayed them with a mist I made of water, Perfect Petals bronze and a couple of drops of Old Paper Distress Reinker. I then hit them with the heat gun again. Let them sit a while and hit them one more time to blend and melt everything together.
Posted by Picasa
I rather like how my Plain Janes turned out.

2 comments:

Carol said...

They are beautiful, Patti. How clever!

Tracy said...

These turned out beautifully.
I got the UTEE about 6 months ago and still haven't tried this.