Sunday, June 5, 2011

Flocking

Amber, (child number 3) sent me a box of goodies for Mother's Day.  Included was a set of little bottles of colored flock, something I'd never used.  I really anticipated them being messy and not easy to use but curiosity got the best of me and I had to try it.  Wow was I surprised and really happy with the finished effect.  I think I can safely say flocking is one of my favorite things to punch up a card with now.  Thank you Amber!!!!

Barb Duhamell sent me a rak about the same time Amber's package came.  In Barb's was this wonderful paper pad of Melissa Frances called 5th Avenue.  This is the first Melissa Frances product I have and I love the papers, so soft, so beautiful.  It just worked perfectly for my card.  I stamped the side of the paper  with a stamp from Rubber Stampede called Solidago Sprig and then used the purple  flocking on the buds of the flower.  What a pop this gives the card.

I punched the butterflies 3 times, placing the first directly on the paper and popping the other two one atop the other.


A very fast simple card that has a lot of punch when sent.
Try out flocking if you haven't already, I don't think you'll be disappointed with the results.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: