Friday, April 13, 2012

Can't Turn Back the Clock

My other half's birthday is Monday and I wanted a special card for him.
I took inspiration from Smitha Katti's card in the May/June 2012 Paper Crafts Magazine.  
(Check out her site, Smiling Colors.)
I just loved her card (Love You Dad Card, page 80),
 it had a Graphic 45 piece of paper on it with men's shoes from The Gentlemen collection.
So cool!  But I hunted and didn't have that paper but did have this one, also Graphic 45,
that had the shirt, tie,cuffs and collar (from the Romantique collection). 
Since my guy wore a suit and tie daily to work his whole career I thought this was a perfect fit!  
 The top strip, and the envelope in the first picture, are from a paper stack
that I got years ago at Costco.  If anyone knows who made this paper would
you leave a comment?  I just love it!
I added a brad and a strip of 7 Gypsies clock face paper
from the 6x6 Paddington stack
(which I just saw at Tuesday Morning for $1.99 for the pad can you believe that!!!)
 I found the inside sentiment online and printed it out on my computer.
Inked the edges with Vintage Photo distress ink
 I finished the card with 3 small buttons
and a Happy Birthday (Hero Arts) stamp done with
Perfect Pearls in Bronze





Supplies I used:

1 comment:

Smitha Katti said...

Oh Patti! I love your card :) Thanks so much for emailing me and even adding a link to my blog. You are so sweet and kind :)
I just blogged about my card and added a link to your card in it too!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!