Thursday, September 19, 2013

Heartfelt Creations Fall Seasons Cards

This is a Design Team Project for Cut@Home
I've made 3 Fall Cards to share with you the new Heartfelt Creations Gateway to the Seasons Collection Sentiment and  Fall Season Stamps.  I used the Spellbinders Label Thirty One and Superellipse dies to cut the apertures for my cards and the Spellbinders Celtic Weave Embossing folder to create the wonderful dimension around the opening.  

On this card I stamped and cut out several of the words
from the Heartfelt Creations All Seasons Sentiment Stamps to
read 'Celebrate Life Everyday, Happy Thanksgiving'

On the inside I embossed it with Versamark and Clear Embossing Powder
Then I used Distress Ink to bring the image to life.
Over the top I sprayed Lindy's Stamp Gang Blazing Sun



This was the first card I made and I used the Superellipse die on it to give the aperture a rounded edge.  I tried my hand using my Copic Markers, I am NOT a Copic painter by any means, but I had fun with it and gave it my best shot.  

I spent some time fussy cutting around the image and layering it upon a piece I had distressed with blue to form the background sky.  The bricks and flowers I cut again for dimension.  I really like how the corn silks popped out.


 You can see here how embossing with Distress Ink can really 
bring the lines and groves of the embossed area to life. 


Using Spellbinders Font One - Uppercase and Lowercase, I cut out the word Fall and
used Forest Moss Distress Ink and Glossy Accents to really make it pop above my ribbons
(which were white seam binding I dyed to match the card)
On the inside of this card I printed a sentiment from my computer
Distressed it with ink, matted it and added a brad from my stash.


This is the card I make, start to finish, in my video. 

On the inside here I again used Clear Embossing and Wild Honey Distress Ink.
The Sentiment is from the Kaisercraft Curosity set


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Patti...Love the tutorial and the BEAUTIFUL cards! Thanks for showing us the how to...Hugs...Patti D

Sandie said...

Wow, these are fabulous and your colouring with copics is beautiful ... time to play more in that area :-) it is a beautiful scene and so clever. Very inspirational.