Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Floral Key Mini Album

a Cut at Home Design Team Project

Today I'm sharing a mini album I've made using Heartfelt Creations Floral Key Collection.  I used the 12x12 papers and several of the stamps.  The mini has been bound with my Cinch.  Front and back covers are chipboard cut to 6" x 5.5".  The inside pages were actually a RAK I'd received that had been sitting in one of my crafty drawers. It's a five page chipboard album that came from Michaels.  The holes were punched in the left to insert rings for binding, not my favorite type of binding.  So I cut about a 1/2" (enough to cut off the binding holes) from the left side and bottom. The finished size of the pages were 5 1/4" square (not counting the tabs).  I covered all the pages, including the front and back cover with the papers.  It does take a bit of fiddling around the tab curves but well worth it.  (I used a Basic Grey file set).  Some of the papers I used my ATG gun to glue the papers down, some I used Aleene's Tacky Glue.  I like the tacky glue, it gives you the option to move the pages, but I find I have a waffling on some of my pages that takes some work to get them straight.  I'm curious if any of you have this problem and if so your solution.  I do use a brayer over them to smooth out the glue.

I've fussy cuts bits and pieces from the papers to add corner pockets, photo corners, flowers and pop ups throughout.  On the pockets I used a layer or two of matte medium to give them a little more stability.  When you're taking photo mats in and out of the pockets they can begin to wear down and I find just that little extra matte medium really makes a difference.
I have some very generous crafty friends who did a little EBAY shopping for metal embellishments and shared their hauls with me (thank you Julie and Kathie!!), you'll see them throughout the book.  The corner stopper on the bottom left is cut from a larger piece with a brad inserted in the middle of the flower.  Securing the brad but leaving the metal ornament free you can turn it to keep the insert closed or swing it to open them up.  

On these two pages I used Sizzix Doily Die to create the photo frames, it's hard to see in the photos but there's acetate beneath the frames that the photos will slip behind.  I also used a heart and key charm over top of the printed heart and charm on the papers, I love the difference the charms give the paper.




To see all the pages, flip, flaps and inserts check out my video------>


Thanks for stopping by, I hope you'll subscribe and come back often!!
Patti

Supplies:

2 comments:

traci said...

Gorgeous album love the vintage feel.

The Matriarch said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the colors, textures and finishes. Well done.