Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Head Over Heels Mini

a Cut at Home Design Team Project

Have you been wanting to make a mini but were afraid to take that first step?  I have the perfect solution for you!  The best of both worlds perhaps.  Bo Bunny has created a Mini Chipboard Album in their Head Over Heels collection
You get six chipboard pages complete with the base decorative papers attached.  Now how cool is that, you're already on your way and all you've done is take the mini out of the package.  You could stop here, just add your photos and journaling and voila you'd be done, but............ if you're like me wouldn't you like to add your own stamp of craftiness to the basic book?  Of course you would!


I added acetate (which is actually left over packaging from one of my Spellbinders dies) over the camera lens hole.  I stuck in a removable circle on the inside to give you a spot to add your photo, or photos if you'd like one on the front cover as well as the first page.   (I also added the acetate to the little square lens in the top right as well, with little tabs to put your photo on, leave the hello love peeking out, or pull them all out to just have the see-though acetate.)


You can work from the 12x12 or 6x6 paper collection to add your own pockets and inserts to expand the spots to place photos.  Here are the first two inside pages in the book.  On the left I added a pocket across the bottom with two pull out tags.  A red heart I cut from my Sizzix Doily Jewel Heart die and completely covered with Glossy Accents decorates a portion of the page.

On the right again I created a pocket with 3 cut outs from the paper inked around the edges and glued together to form one piece then glued to the book along the bottom and outer edge to form the pocket for the tuck in photo book.
Now see here's the fun part, your basic board book can just keep growing and growing.  This little tuck in book can hold 8 5"x5" photos plus there are pockets in the front and back with 3 tags for additional photos or journaling!  This little book closes with a Velcro tab.  

You can dress up the outside with a camera charm and personalized (made with love) heart like I have here or any little goodies you want to add on.  The original book comes with silver rings for closures through the punched holes but I decided to add this wired heart ribbon from my stash 
It gives just enough so that as the book grows with personalization it will expand to accommodate.  As of this post I haven't put a closure on the opposite side, if I decide to I think it will be this same ribbon tied in a bow.

Fun huh and we've only covered the outside and first page!!  Would you like more ideas on finishing the other 5 pages?  Check out my video below, I'll walk you through how I stepped up each page to make it my own and include a how-to of an insert I made plus lots more photos. 

Have fun crafting!!!  Patti








No comments: