Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Yee Haw Little Cowboy Mini

October Afternoon has an older paper collection called Sarsaparilla which I always considered cute but never could see myself using, let alone as the basis for a baby album.  Well count me wrong!!!  It was just perfect for this special little cowboy due to arrive next month.  I wanted something Grandma would just love and since she's super into Cowboy this just fits!


I used some paper string from Tim Holtz on the outside for the lariat and horse halter.  Placed the new little cowboy's name inside and covered it all with 3D Crystal Lacquer.  Adding the red handkerchief paper for the spine just made the cowboy look pop.


So many cute images in the paper, these guys are just cut from one of the sheets and bumped up by rematting and cutting again.  The Howdy was a sticker which I matted on brown and then covered with Glossy Accents.


There's oodles of room for photos, on these two pages I have a waterfall on the right that will hold 13 4" x 6" photos and on the left there's two folders that each hold 4 photos, besides the mats in the middle.  Amazing how many you can get into albums like this.


The little grey circles on the right, they were the holes left from stickers so I cut the negative space from the sticker sheet out, mounted it on paper and then popped a velcro dot in the middle and one on the back of  each grey circle.  They can be popped off, used as a template to cut the photo, matted and popped back on.  Fun fun fun!



The paper is adorable, the images super cute and I had so much fun making this.   I can't wait to give it to them next month.  Check out the video, it'll have a page by page walk through and lots more photos.


Supplies:


2 comments:

Marie-Louise said...

Patti this is fantastic. Love the images and the theme.

Lois said...

love this can i get a tutorial please
thanks for the inspiration
lois