Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Mother Goose Series - Not a Scrap Left - Picture Frame

Mother Goose Series - Not a Scrap Left - Project 4
A Cut at Home Design Team Project 

Well I'm back with another Mother Goose project, this time I stepped a tad outside my box to use some new mediums I hadn't played with before.  I had bought this frame, which started out as a unfinished wooden frame, pretty plain and dull and altered it into a cute little Mother Goose accessory to a child's room. 

I loved this paper (and it's one of the few full sheets I have left) and thought yellow would be a great color to do all the edges that show.  I found some Lemon and Butter Cream Faber-Castell Gelatos and wondered if they'd do the trick.


I covered all the areas I wanted yellow with Liquitex white Gesso, allowed it to dry and then began coloring with the Gelatos.  Fun fun fun!  I had water near by and dipped my fingertips in it to ease moving the Gelatos around on the wood.  I'm amazed at how it colored and how fast it dried.  I think I'm hooked, gotta play some more with these!


Once everything was dry I used the Twinkle Twinkle paper to cover the front and solid black cardstock to cover the back applying a heavy layer of Aleene's Collage Podge over the top (I used this to glue the paper to the frame as well.)  I fussy cut Mother Goose from the paper, added Collage Podge front and back used Glossy Accents and red Stickles to give her glitz and glam and then used Beacon's Fabri Tac to glue her securely to the frame.  The final touch was the handle to her basket which came from a paper bag I'd gotten at the fruit stand.  Perfect!


To finish the frame I used a combination of cotton flowers I'd cut from Tim Holtz Alterations Tattered Floral die.  Along with those I tucked in bit and pieces of Petaloo flowers, that's those wonderfully lacy pieces you see.  A few Kaisercraft Sparklets and it's beginning to take shape.  I fussy cut the little Humpty Dumpty, backed him with cardstock, applied a layer of Collage Podge, stuck him to a Tim Holtz memo pin and tucked him in among the flowers.  Finished!

So what do you think?  Do you like how my frame turned out?  If you'd like to see a step by step from unfinished frame to sticking Humpty in the flowers check out my video below.  If you're not a blog follower yet I hope you become one today, and if you have a minute leave me a comment and tell me how you're liking my Mother Goose series.



Supplies

No comments: