Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Pumped Up Easter Basket

a The Piece by Piece Design Team Project

Hi everyone, well you can't tell me I didn't think outside the box on this one!  At Easter time I was going home to visit my family for a month and left Paul on his own.  We don't normally buy Easter baskets but I was feeling a little guilty leaving him for such a long period.  I went to See's and had a basket filled and hid it in my Crafty Closet, what man in his right mind would open that door right???


Well Paul, having lived with my crafty obsession and watched it grow knew he'd best be holding on to the basket after the chocolate goodies disappeared.  I looked at it long and hard and finally thought I know what I'll use this for, and thus my Pumped Up Basket was born!


Yep, you guessed it!  My basket evolved into a holder for all my glue bottles, it sits right in front of me on my desk and it's used daily!  I have a hard time just making for making's sake and most things I do make are gifts or they are are collecting themselves into a tidy bundle for when I open my Zibbet store.  This time I thought it would be fun to use this gorgeous Prima Epiphany collection Bev sent me from the store for something for myself.  Of course this probably won't be the project for all of you, but it might get you thinking about a certain box or basket that you've stuck back because you just couldn't part with it (and no I AM NOT A HOARDER, my name is PATTI and I'm a crafty addict!)


It's so nice to have something pretty, something I've altered, something I need and use sitting on my desk.  This houses the glues I use all the time that were here there and everywhere now they have this beautiful new home to rest in.


I didn't use many things from my stash, most everything is from Bev's Etsy store, The Piece by Piece.  On each end I did use a home made flower (the other end has a Prima flower centered in one of my flowers).


How could I not love using her gorgeous laces and trims and then have the joy of looking at them everytime I sit down at my crafty desk (which is often, let me tell you!).  I used some of these Prima gems here and there, aren't they pretty and they just sparkle beautifully.


I love the Prima Epiphany collection, married together with some Lindy's Sprays and Bevs store items it was a match made in Heaven and the best part is, it's mine to keep and enjoy!

I hope you'll check out my video, I'll share the basket on all sides, a process video of different steps I took to create my Pumped Up Basket and a few more still photos.

Thanks everyone for stopping by, don't forget to become a follower while you're here!

About The Piece by Piece
The Piece by Piece is an art and craft supply store that initially started on Etsy, but has grown and now also exists as a brick & mortar establishment in the Niles district of Fremont, California.  Beverly Ybarra, store owner sources her unique laces, trims and ribbons from all over the world, including France, one of her favorite supply sources.  Some of Beverly's favorite local suppliers include Graphic 45 and Prima, so you are sure to find their products on the shelves at TPBP.  For those close to TPBP store in Fremont, each week there is a full list of classes to choose from. 

Shop and Stay in Touch 
Shop online:  https://www.etsy.com/shop/thepiecebypiece
Shop in Fremont, CA:  37485 Niles Blvd, Fremont CA
Phone:  510 894-2488
Email:  thepiecebypiece@gmail.com
Sign-up for our newsletter:  Send your email address to thepiecebypiece@gmail.com
Follow us on Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Piece-By-Piece/333109658870
Class list:  http://thepiecebypiece.blogspot.com/p/workshops.html

No comments: