Monday, September 1, 2014

SaCrafters GDT - Framed!

a SaCrafters Guest Design Team Project

Hi Everyone!  I'm here with another Guest Design Team project for SaCrafters Zibbet Store.  If you've not visited her store yet you're missing out!  She has everything you could possibly want to make cut either from wood or chipboard, prices are fantastic and quality exceptional.  So go visit her today and don't forget for all my visitors Sa is offering a 5% discount when you spend $30 - just enter the discount code PATTIFANS


I wanted to make this set of frames for my youngest Granddaughter Brynnie, she's having her 5th birthday real soon and I thought the two picture frames, in pink and purple of course would look cute on her bedroom walls.


Here's a photo of Brynnie and I when she and Mommy came to visit last year.  The frames were painted with a coat of Martha Stewart multi-surface satin acrylic in Summer Linen.  After that I used a combination of Silks Acrylic Glaze in Pink Anthurium and Grapefruit topping the hearts with Stickles, glitter and Glossy Accents.  Bordering around the photo is a row of the Scallop Flower Trim from Sa's store, I tinted it a light pink.  I added a glittered Fairy and Butterfly also wooden pieces from the store.


It's hard to get a good photo to share with you what this looks like hanging, but this will give you a rough idea.  I took several different ribbons and fibers and tied some beads, a heart and a charm onto them at various lengths.  I thought it would look nice hanging down from the frame giving it almost a dream-catcher look.


Here's a photo of Brynnie and her Mommy, my youngest, Amber.  The second frame, the flowers, is the one I'll walk you through the start to finish process on the video.    The flat back pearls (from the store) were colored with a purple Copic marker.  I love things that are white you can change them up to match any project you're making!  


I used a couple of flourishes at the bottom to give this frame a different look and added a word tag saying 'perfect moment' above them.   The flowers are from Recollections and a few of the lace trim flowers from Sa's store were snipped individually to tuck in here and there, I like the addition of the single colored pearl in the middle.



Supplies from Sa's Zibbet Store:

No comments: