Friday, March 13, 2015

The French Garden Collection Waterfall Mini

a Meg's Garden Design Team Project


This collection, The French Garden, isn't new to you, you've seen several other projects I've used it in, but some collections you just never tire of because they are so beautiful, this is one of those!


This is a 6"x8" book with a 2 1/4" spine, I used my Cinch to punch seven holes in the front and back and two sets of holes in the spine. Using a velveteen ribbon I laced the book together similar in fashion to a corset.  I love this look.  The front of the book are all bits and bobs of embellishments from the Meg's Garden Store.


Inside is divided into two parts, right and left.  On the right is a horizontal waterfall of seven pages, leaving lots of room for your 4"x6" photos.  On the left is a set of flip ups and downs.  In addition I added a pocket on the first flap to house a day planner, once it's removed the pocket will be able to hold an ample supply of photos, ticket stubs and various memorabilia.   


There are so many places to place photos, either directly on the mats or tucked into any one of the various pockets I've placed on the flips.  Since I was so limited on large pieces of the decorative paper I added some coffee and tea stained paper which I inked with Victorian Velvet to tie it into the collection colors, worked great.

I hope you'll come with me on the video as I walk you through the mini and of course there are lots and lots of still photos to inspire you to create your own book.



Supplies ~~~ >



1 comment:

Paula said...

Oh. My. Word Patti, this is beautiful; I love the two sides, a nice surprise when the book is opened. I didn't think I needed those Tim elastic bands until now, so thanks for enabling me back. Beautiful, as always.