Thursday, December 3, 2015

Banishing a Creative Block

a Cut at Home Design Team Project
  
Where do you head when your creative process has just up and left?  Do you have specific places that start the creative fires burning again?  I thought today I'd share what I do and in turn maybe it would help you as well.  After all we all those times when we sit down, really wanting to makes something but find there's just no inspiration.

My greatest resources are online, I think most of us are online people anymore so when stumped I visit - - -
  • Blogs
  • YouTube 
  • News Feeds
  • Manufacturer Websites
  • Magazines
  • Books
  • Friends
  • Groups (like on Facebook)
  • Facebook pages
  • Design Team shares
  • Instagram
  • Other Social Media
  • and my favorite Pinterest
Today I'm sharing several cards I've made from inspiration I've gleaned from online.  This first one was an email sharing a new tutorial from Split Coast Stampers, one of my go to places to get inspired Laura Lipe had shared her Decorative Corner Card and I just had to try it.  Super simple with great results and the bonus is it folds and fits nicely in an A2 size envelope!  I'll have links directly below today's video to my Inspiration spots, including Laura's tutorial and the supplies I've used from Cut at Home.


 I love that this card takes a standard A2 card base, 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", will stand up when received and fold flat for mailing.   I used decorative paper on all four segments on the one card above so I decided to punch a small hole on the top back and attach a tag to write my sentiment on.


My second and third cards are Pinterest inspired.  I love grabbing a cup of coffee and sitting down with Pinterest, there is such a wealth of creativeness just oozing from all those pins.  Beware though time flies when you're looking!



Please join me on today's video and if you haven't yet subscribed to my blog I hope you'll do that while your here.  Thanks for stopping by to share your time with me.  Please don't forget to check out the sites that inspired me by clicking their links below and leaving a little love and thank you's on their YouTube, blog and Pinterest to thank them for sharing and inspiring the rest of us.


Credits and Supplies

Inspirational Credits –

Decorative Corner Card –

Blog post
YouTube tutorial 

Inky Moose Noel Card –
Blog
Pinterest link
White Wreath Card
Blog
Pinterest link

Supplies from the store:
Graphic 45’s Christmas Carol Collection
S6-040:
Spellbinders Holiday Holly Frame die set
S5-236: Spellbinders Holiday Create a Flake die set
ES-015: Spellbinders M-Bossabilities Reindeer Magic folder
660097: Sizzix Tim HOltz Alterations Holiday Words, Handwritten
HCD1-774: Heartfelt Creations All Glammed Up Shoe dies



My Inspiration spots –
Pinterest
Facebook
YouTube

No comments: