Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Authentique's Durable Collection transformed into Masculine Cards

a Country Crafts Creations design team project

I was chatting with Tammy Merrill, owner of Country Craft Creations, a few months backing and expressing how hard it is to find a Masculine paper collection and that's when she told me about Authentique's Durable collection.  It wasn't long after that she sent it to me to play with.  Well with family, friends and Holidays it took a back seat for a bit.  Today I'm here to share a dozen masculine cards made with it.  I love how grungy and manly they look, I hope you do as well.


There are all sorts of masculine images available in this paper line, it comes with 24 sheets of double sided 12" x 12" paper.  More than enough to make several dozen cards!

I also pulled out some packaging material, like the corrugated paper. If you don't want to fuss with making your own from a discarded box you can buy it from various manufactures but I like the rough look of the bits I torn apart.  I used leftover scraps of chipboard to pop up any of the pieces I wanted to give dimension to and tucked in bits of burlap and dyed twine here and there.  I also applied Glossy Accents in several places for effects.  I also used Distress inks on all torn or cut edges.  I just don't like to see the white edges show, but that's purely a personal choice of what appeals to you.

Another thing I incorporated on almost all the cards were Creative Embellishments arrows and gears. Any of you that follow my channels will remember I won a huge amount of their products before Christmas. This was my first chance to use them and it couldn't have been with a better project. I thought they added a lot to the cards. It's always fun to have something new you've won or been given to play with.  These elements were sprayed liberally with Tattered Angels Glimmer mists, I'll share this on video as well.


Today's video will walk you start to finish for the making of one card, that's at real time speed with me talking and give you ideas as I go along.  I will also be making 7 other cards on camera but in order to not have you nodding off due to the length I sped the video up so you'll see me moving in hyper speed but still be able to see how things were put together.  Off camera I used bits and pieces to finish the inside of the cards.  You'll see as you watch the video that I used several Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists to spray the card bases, oh wow that gives them such a glisten and makes the Kraft card base take on the color elements of the paper line.











You can see from the cards they all resemble one another because the same paper line and added elements are used throughout.  The change comes by how the elements, papers and greetings are placed and intermingled.  My hope is that this will give you lots of food for thought as you make your own set of masculine cards. Links to the supplies and store will be directly below the video.


Supplies from Country Craft Creations
Authentique Durable - http://tinyurl.com/z5sons9
Art Glitter Glue - http://tinyurl.com/h2dc7jy

Please visit Country Craft Creations here -
Country Craft Creations shoppe - http://countrycraftcreations.com/
you can also join the Facebook group
Scrapbookers of Country Craft Creations here - http://tinyurl.com/zhess6s

Visit me at A Soul's Heartbeat on

Supplies from my Stash -
Creative Embellishemnts - gears and arrows
Tattered Angels - various Glimmer Mists
Canvas Home Basics - Bulk Card Bases and Envelopes in Kraft
Tim Holtz Distress Inks in - Chipped Sapphire, Gathered Twig, Ground Espresso, Aged Mahogany
Glossy Accents
Dyed cord, Burlap,brads, etc.


No comments: